Business Writing Skills
Trainer: Giles Field
Being able to write clear, cogent and compelling English is an essential skill. It relies on understanding the rules of spelling, punctuation and grammar, but it is also anchored on a deeper understanding of writing styles, understanding audiences’ needs, and how to structure arguments. This course equips participants with insights into how to write crisp, clear copy which achieves clear goals. The tutor will provide individual feedback, as well as leading discussions on what works and what doesn’t.
Who will benefit from attending?
Anyone who needs to develop their writing skills beyond the basics, to use English as a tool of influence and persuasion, or wants to brush up their skills.
You will have learnt:
- What ‘business writing’ means, and how it differs from informal, academic or other forms of writing
- The ABC rules of spelling, punctuation and grammar, and why they matter
- The POWER model for effective writing
- Different types of document, and the impact they have
- How to proof-read and avoid common errors
- How to structure proposals and arguments for impact and persuasion
- How to edit copy
Every organisation needs team members who can craft effective letters, emails, reports, briefings and other written documents. Effective business writing is an essential method to build reputation, win trust, and persuade others.